Nestling between Kenmare and Sneem, one of the most scenic areas of Kerry, you can enjoy the ultimate relaxing holiday in Feirm Cottage. The central location of this charming cottage is perfect to take advantage of the many attractions its surroundings has to offer. An ideal base for sightseeing the Rings of Kerry and Beara, the Dingle peninsula and on your return after your days exploration chill out in the cosy sitting room in front of the stove.
Alternatively you may stop off at the local Blackwater Tavern where you can enjoy the warm hospitality, conversation, and good Guinness on offer. Here also you can enjoy traditional music and dance at the weekends. Kenmare and Sneem have a selection of restaurants and pubs offering excellent food and traditional music. Exploring Wednesday Market day in Kenmare where a wide variety of locally- produced and international products are on offer.
You can enjoy quiet walks with magic at every turn in the lanes or on the Kerry Way developed walking trails. You will find the cows on the working farm, which also has its own herd of purebred Kerry Cattle, good company showing their inquisitiveness as they interrupt their grazing to check you out. Experience here the silence and calm of pure nature.
Feirm is an environmentally friendly cottage and has been awarded Silver by Geeen Tourism for its efforts to lessen the impact of its business on the environment. It is a safe and interesting environment for children and pets are welcome. In the words of someone who had the privilege to experience all of this “time just slipped away”.
Click here to find out more about where Feirm Cottage is located.
- Forest & Nature parks,
- Heritage sights
- Eco-nature Boat trips
- Upstairs: 2 bedrooms – 1 double, 1 twin, a shower and toilet
- Downstairs: Twin bedroom with an en suite bathroom to include a low level power shower, sittingroom with a wood/peat burning stove, kitchen/Dining area
- Size: Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms
- Nearest beach: Castlecove, 22km
- Will consider: Long lets and Short breaks
- Access: Car advised
- Family friendly?: Suitable for children of all ages
- Suitable for people with restricted mobility
- Notes: Pets welcome
- No smoking at this property
Click here if you’d like to view a gallery of photos.
- Luxuries: Log fire, DVD player
- General: Central heating, TV, CD player
- Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer
- Utilities: Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine
- Rooms: 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 en suite and 1 shower room
- Furniture: Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6
- Other: Linen and towels provided
- Highchair available
- Outdoors: Private garden with a selection of garden furniture
- Access: Parking space
- Electricity and oil used for heating are an extra charge and are meter read at the end of the stay.
- 30% of total rent required as deposit to secure a booking. Balance of rent due on arrival.
- On receipt of deposit you will receive an acknowledgement and confirmation of your booking plus key pick up details.